Sunday, June 21, 2015

Do Chula Pass

Click for information on Dochula Pass

I sneaked away from the group, called by a nature trail and captivated by the beauty of it. While all were busy with restroom, photos and stupas, I followed my heart and the trail. 10 minutes, but worth it. Only the very watchful tour guide knew I went there!
calls to me

Between Thimphu and Gangtey drive, lies Do Chula pass. There is a story behind it. The queen built 108 stupas when the Assam rebels were pushed back from Bhutan by Dzongka and Indian forces. The queen wished to thank the gods!
Do Chula pass

I found a nice outdoor place near the cafe and sat with my quintessential cuppa tea! Tea served was more tea leaves thrown in hot water with no strainer. So I ate as well as drank the tea! It had a nice taste but when I went in to enquire about the make of it, I was showed 'made in kolkata!' Gosh...India does not leave me here too.
Cuppa tea?
The view from this place is spectacular. If you are lucky the clouds come down to kiss you. Or the sunlight makes it all so starkly visible. There is a quaint monastery built that is passable...and there is a lovely walk up the national park on one side of the road!
The view!

A monastery...passable!

No comments: