Sunday, June 21, 2015

Wonderful World

I was quite apprehensive of joining a women's group for travelling. Then I thought of giving it a shot. And I landed up with wonderful world, a brain child of Shibani. I have done 2 trips so far with them (2015 June) and am likely to do many more. Perhaps this is my home ground...
Why?
Each tour group has something special and so does ww. One has to see if this is what one is looking for. I found that most of what I wanted was available without asking. So let's take a look:

  1. Small group. Max 15 women including tour head
  2. No mini buses. Cars with 3 people per car
  3. In each itinerary, she brings something off the beaten crowd. Tangalle in Srilanka or Gangtey trek in Bhutan...something off the track. 
  4. Good places to stay. After the hard work of loafing through the day - :) - one needs a restful night!
  5. Attention to detail through the trip. Ensuring I had vegan food, efficient tour guides, departures on time (almost...)
You might say this is normal. So what makes them people I will travel with again?

They are friendly. We have become friends while travelling. Being who they are, they attract a certain sect of women. Single (few married), passionate, professionals and discreet. This gives me, essentially a loner, space to be - 'me'. They allow freedom to be yourself. Be with the group or be solo...they will look after you. They allow individual preferences of slight modification of itineraries. They are forthright with people who throw tantrums and basically - being people with hearts full of silence - connect with others of the same species. 

As long as they don't become exorbitantly priced or arrogant...I am travelling with them!
At Phobchika valley, Bhutan

No comments: